Manifold uses the incredible speed of full CPU parallelism to provide dynamic previews that let you see how a layer will be georegistered, a way better user experience than blind georeferencing as with other GIS packages.
Previews appear in blue color in the target display window. They can be made partially transparent or can use a split screen to make it easy to compare the preview with ground truth. Use previews to guide the placement of more or fewer control points, and to choose the algorithm that gives the results you want.
Previews allow panning, zooming, or adding layers to the display. You can even edit vector layers while guided by a preview. You can zoom into details, like the illustration at right, with a split-screen preview to compare how a drone photograph will line up with roads and other features when georegistered. The preview compares a drone photo georegistration to a Google satellite image layer.
You can see right away how the georegistered raster will line up with Google. The control points and method used provide very good alignment to road lines, power lines, sidewalks, and other features in view in Google. Clients will be pleased!
- Way Faster - Even extremely demanding georegistration using mathematically complex algorithms happens fast, so fast you have no hesitation about doing whatever you want to get the best possible results.
- Simpler Workflow - Older packages require a lot of manual setup and jumping through hoops before you can even begin adding control points. None of that is necessary in Manifold: the system takes care of details for you.
- Agility - Manifold makes it fast and easy to try georeferencing using adjusted control points or a different method with just a click, either a preview or creating a georegistered result. There's never a risk of irreversibly damaging source data.
- Previews - Lightning fast Manifold parallelism provides fast previews of what current settings will do. Pan and zoom, using transparency and split screen views to see all details, to guide efficient placement of control points without wasting time and effort.
- Same workflow for rasters and vectors - Manifold uses exactly the same interface, the Register pane, to georegister both raster images and vector drawings, even doing both as layers in the same source map. No need to learn two or three different systems, one for rasters and something else for vectors, like ESRI or other GIS packages.
- Fully Parallel - Manifold is fully parallel software throughout, from data access to computation to display. Georegistration is so fast because Manifold will use all the threads and cores your computer can provide. Have a 24 core Threadripper CPU? Watch Manifold use all 48 hyperthreads to georegister a big raster or vector faster than any other GIS.
- Georegister Big Data - Georegister huge rasters and vectors incredibly fast on ordinary desktop PCs without fear of a crash. Manifold easily georegisters tens or even hundreds of gigabytes of data. No need for expensive rigs.
- Fast Merge for Mosaics - Once you have your individual drone photos georegistered, Manifold's incredibly fast and easy Merge facility lets you merge many photos into a single mosaic in seconds. Super!
- Export to all the right formats - Manifold exports to popular image formats and vector formats, including geospatial formats like GeoTIFF that require coordinate system tags be embedded in the image file, as well as popular GIS formats like GPKG. Even export to spatial databases like PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Georegister to any coordinate system - Manifold knows each and every projection in the vast EPSG system - thousands! - plus many thousands more, including all State Plane coordinate system used throughout the US and hundreds of national systems used around the world. Whatever coordinate system you want your georeferenced drone photo to be in, Manifold can get it there.
- Georegister multiple source layers - You can have many source layers, hundreds if you want, that are mix of raster and vector layers in the same source window, and all can use the same source control points. That makes repetitive georegistration fast and easy, like when you want to georeference many different CAD layers from the same CAD project.
- Align using multiple target layers - Target windows can provide an unlimited number of layers, including a mix of raster and vector layers, to guide placement of target control points. When features aren't visible in one layer, like a vector drawing, they might be visible in a different layer, like a web served satellite layer, or in a terrain surface raster layer created from detailed LiDAR data. You can use all of them at the same time to set up the best possible georegistration of your source layers.
- Handle CAD layers with ease - Manifold has no clumsy limitations like ESRI ArcGIS Pro on georegistering CAD layers. Layers from CAD systems are a snap to georegister, just like any other layer.
- Ultra High Precision - Manifold provides military-grade, sub-pixel accuracy every time for raster imagery transformations, and ultra high precision transformations for vector data for superb, state of the art, accuracy. Manifold also includes high precision grids for NADCON, HARN NADCON and NTv2 grid-enhanced coordinate transformations in all the countries that use them, including USA. You might not get a billion dollars every year in GIS funding, but you can get the same accuracy (or even better) as those who do.
- Automatic Raster Scaling - Manifold automatically casts georegistered rasters not only into the correct coordinate system, but also gets all the necessary optional parameters right without any need for manual corrections. Results images automatically are matched to the raster dimensions of the source, with no need for manual matching.
- Automatic Coordinate System Details - For both raster images and vector drawings, Manifold automatically sets local scale and local offsets with no need to manually specify key parameters.
- All the Right Algorithms - Manifold has the most advanced math in GIS, with a wealth of georegistration algorithms at your fingertips in a simple pull down menu, including first order affine transformations, transformations with curvatures, second order and third order polynomial transformations, spline transformation, and triangulation transformations.
- Easy Automation - Press a button and Manifold will instantly write for you an SQL query that automates the georegistration that's been setup. Use that query as written, customize it, or incorporate the functions it calls into scripts to fully automate the georegistration process for repetitive georegistration.
- Programming - If you like to code, call Manifold georegistration functions in any of the 11 standard languages Manifold supports, including Python, V8, C# and Microsoft standard languages. Mix and match scripting inline in different languages on the fly within SQL expressions, and mix native SQL from DBMS packages like Postgres or Oracle within the same query as native, parallel, Manifold SQL. No limits, just ease of use and awesome power for GIS developers.
- Handle Mixed Source Coordinate Systems - Not only can Manifold handle a mix of raster and vector source layers, those layers can all be in different coordinate systems and Manifold will adjust automatically, reprojecting data on the fly as necessary for optimal georegistration results.
- Handle Mixed Target Coordinate Systems - Manifold users can take advantage of multiple layers using different coordinate systems in the target window to guide control point placement. No need to reproject all the different layers into the same coordinate system. Use layers as convenient and leave them in whatever coordinate system they are and Manifold will automatically reproject them on the fly so they can be used together to guide the georegistration process.
- Faster Launch - Only a 70 MB download, Manifold launches in half a second, ready for action. Get straight to work with no need to wait around for tens of seconds or even minutes. Manifold is available both as a Windows Installer and also as a portable installation, for effortless download and immediate launch.
- Instant Opens and Saves - Georeferencing projects often involve dozens of large data sets. Even 100 GB Manifold projects open instantly, in 1/10th second, with no waiting around for long minutes. Manifold projects save instantly as well, so you can save intermediate versions without hesitation.
- Everything is Built In - Manifold includes georeferencing built into Manifold as part of the same, single, unified, highly orthogonal package that saves you time and money. No need to hunt for difficult plug ins or to install a patchwork of clumsy, third party packages. It's all built into Manifold for instant use with a point and click.
- Super Documentation - Numerous videos provide a fast and easy start, and a lavishly illustrated, online User Manual written by full-time, professional, technical writers covers every detail of Manifold with hundreds of step by step examples.
- Honest Quality - Enjoy better quality with near-zero bugs. Bugs never pile up but are immediately eliminated within a week or two. No need to buy a maintenance contract - bug fixes are always free.
- Never Crashes - You can expect to run Manifold all day, every day, for twenty years without seeing a crash. Phenomenally bulletproof, Manifold executes the toughest jobs with blistering speed and total accuracy, with never a crash. Tired of software that crashes in the middle of a big job? Get Manifold instead for rock-solid reliability.
- Community Driven - A highly active user community guides the product, and has played a key role in specifying and evolving georegistration capabilities. No other GIS has such a direct connection to user community requests.
- Affordable - Everything is included and built-in for
only $95. You can easily afford integrated ease of use, vast and comprehensive capabilities, results that are always correct, crash-free reliability, and eye-popping parallel speed.
"What a good start to the New Year. Just when I need it to develop a historical map, Georegistration arrives and so does a good explanatory video. The Norwich 1500 (the UK city) map is now in place and I can get on with placing features. Thanks to all. I'll leave you pros to debate the finer points - I'm more than pleased." - Forum post
New Cutting Edge Manifold builds are issued every two weeks to deliver the latest new features and fixes. Bugs are fixed as soon as they are reported, so they never pile up. Most Manifold users will always use the latest Cutting Edge build. For users who prefer less frequent updates, every two months or so an Official build incorporates all new features to date. Manifold Viewer builds are synchronized to the latest Release 9 build, coming out at the same time as Cutting Edge and Official builds.
- See the full list of features in the latest build in the What's New in the Latest Build topic.
- For a comprehensive list of hundreds of new features in the last several months, see the Changes and Additions topic.
- Download the lastest Release 9 installation from the Product Downloads page.
"Merging is fantastically fast in M9. I merged some lidar tiles a while back in a project which already contained nearly half a TB of lidar data. The 30000x22000 surface was merged and written to a new component in the project in an eye watering 3.5 seconds." - Forum post
Manifold is 64-bit and fully parallel throughout, automatically unleashing the incredible power of all of the CPU cores in your system. Four cores or sixty four, Manifold uses them all. Even faster, Manifold automatically launches massively parallel computations using thousands of available GPU cores for supercomputer speed. Running on a 24 core processor? Manifold will use all 48 threads.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!