- User Manuals
- Technical Support
- Contact Support
- Support FAQ
- Product Downloads
- Free Updates
- Serial Number Status
- Activation Guide
- Install / Activate FAQ
- Activation Support
- Additional Keys
- Administrator Login
- Windows Installer
- Bug Reports
- Email Problems
- System Requirements
- Online Store
Please Read Carefully
Manifold licenses are protected using a serial number and Activation key mechanism that locks each license to a single computer system. Serial numbers are provided in an email message sent to the licensee. You must have the original serial number email message to verify the accuracy of the serial number you are attempting to use and to obtain assistance.
If you do not have a valid Manifold serial number you can procure a license on the Online Store to obtain a serial number. If you lost your serial number, you may or may not be able to recover it by purchasing a Key Recovery service product.
If something unexpected happens during activation, DO NOT PERSIST. Instead, GET HELP using free installation and activation support.
Manifold provides free installation and activation support for current products. Please see the Activation Support page for information on contacting tech support for priority assistance with any serial number or activation question. No tech support token is required for activation questions using the given procedure. Activation questions for Runtime licenses or License Server installations require a developer level support token.
Follow this short summary when installing on standard Windows systems supported by Manifold.
- Login as Administrator. Use the actual Administrator account and not some other account believed to have administrator privileges. Windows 7 and Windows Vista users please read this advice.Check your computer's date and time to make sure it is reasonably accurate.
- Turn off any third party software that may prevent or limit installation of packages like Manifold.
- Install Manifold System Release 8 following the instructions in the installation.txt file that accompanied your installation files and then launch Manifold.
- Install Radian Studio following the instructions in the Installation and Activation User Manual topic and then launch Radian
as administratoras described in that topic to activate.
- In the Activation dialog that pops open, provide the serial number emailed to you for the Manifold edition you have licensed. Copy the serial number from the original serial number email message and paste it into the dialog.
- For the first 30 days after your serial number was issued, you can run on the serial number alone. To continue operation after 30 days you will have to get an Activation key as well. When the Activation dialog launches, enter your serial number and then press the Get Activation Key via the Web button and then press Accept. Do not press the Get Activation Key via the Web button unless you really want to get an Activation Key. Once that button is pressed, the operation cannot be cancelled. Getting an Activation key terminates any return privileges you may have.
- If you have a licensed a 30 Day Lease you cannot get an Activation key using the Lease's serial number, since Leases will only run for the first 30 days and cannot be extended through Activation for permanent use beyond the initial 30 days.
- Manifold operates multiple, redundant activation servers worldwide to assure activation is available. If your computer is not connected to the Web or if your network security prevents the Activation dialog from fetching an Activation key via the web, the Get Activation Key via the Web button cannot work. In that case, you can fetch an Activation key manually using the Manual Activation procedure described in the Activation Keys and Serial Numbers help topic. Almost always the problem is something in your network, such as a proxy or firewall, that prevents Manifold from getting through to the servers. Using Manual Activation bypasses such obstacles.
To keep the above summary short it covers installations on standard Windows systems as supported by Manifold. It works 99.9% of the time, but it does not cover all possible wild and crazy situations some folks attempt, like trying to install Manifold on a Linux-based coffee pot or trying to install Manifold on a remote network drive where the network administrator has denied permission to use that drive. For more comprehensive discussion, see the other links on this page, such as the Activation Troubleshooting page and the links it recommends.
For complete details and to get the most out of your license, please read the entire the Activation Keys and Serial Numbers help topic. This help topic describes procedures for Manual Activation if your computer is not connected to the web, if a proxy server or other network problem requires Manual Activation or other departures from the usual routine.
If you have licensed Business Tools, Geocoding Tools or Surface Tools extensions: launch Manifold and choose Help - Activate Extension. Enter the serial number for the extension. Get an Activation key if it is more than 30 days since the serial number was issued. Press Accept. Do this for each extension that you have.
If you have licensed Universal Edition or Ultimate Edition, all three extensions get turned on automatically when you activate your main Manifold System serial number. No need to use the Help - Activate Extension dialog with Universal Edition or Ultimate Edition.
Please visit the Activation Troubleshooting page for a quick troubleshooting checklist that solves 99% of activation problems.
For even more detail, see the Activation Frequently Asked Questions page for a comprehensive list of questions and answers.
Getting Assistance with Activation
All serial number and activation questions are handled by email.
If the tips in the Activation Troubleshooting page do not help, the fastest way to solve any activation problem is to read and apply the instructions in the Activation Keys and Serial Numbers help topic. Although tech support responds very rapidly to activation questions it is faster to read even a long topic carefully since that will usually solve the problem right away.
Please see the Activation Support page for information on contacting tech support for priority assistance with any serial number or activation question. No tech support token is required for activation questions about most licenses if the given procedure is applied. Users who do not wish to use the free procedure may get customized activation support by utilizing technical support tokens.
Pages especially useful for installation and activation:
- Status Page - Get status on a serial number to see what product it authorizes, the number of activations left, whether it has been revoked.
- Activation Troubleshooting - Provides a quick troubleshooting checklist that solves 99% of activation problems.
- Activation Frequently Asked Questions - Provides the FAQ section of the Activation Keys and Serial Numbers help topic.
- Activation Support - How to contact tech support for priority assistance with any serial number or activation question. No tech support token is required for activation questions using the given procedure. Activation questions for Runtime licenses require a developer level support token.
- Manual Activation - Can be used to manually obtain an Activation key if a proxy server or other network problem prevents your system from automatically fetching an Activation key over the web.
- Product Downloads - Download the latest installations for the current release of Manifold System.
- Administrator Login - Users are sometimes surprised to learn they don't have true Administrator rights in Windows 7 or Windows Vista. This short page describes how to login using the real Administrator account.
- Windows Installer Notes - Tips on solving problems with Windows Installer in case of de-installation errors.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.