This page provides links for Manifold product downloads. If you have purchased a Manifold System Release 8 license you may download the installation file for your Manifold license from this page. You may not download from this page if you have not purchased a Manifold Release 8 license.
- If you already have Manifold installed and would like to download and install a routine update, please see the Updates page for important instructions.
- If you don't know whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit license, check your Manifold serial number on the Serial Number Status Page to see the Manifold product it authorizes. If the name of the product does not include an "x64" your license is not a 64-bit license and must be used with a 32-bit download only. See the 32-bit/64-bit help topic for complete details on 32-bit and 64-bit licenses.
- Click a green button below to download from Manifold's primary servers. Click a flag to download from a recommended mirror server that may provide faster downloads depending upon user location and server loads.
For 64-bit Manifold licenses on 64-bit Windows.
For all other installations.
Very Important: Manifold Release 8 cannot be installed or run without a Manifold Release 8 serial number. Purchase a Release 8 serial number for the Manifold edition you desire from the Manifold Online Store.
- Manifold System downloads can be large files, up to and exceeding 100 MB. Users who do not have Internet connections allowing reliable download of such large files should arrange for a colleague or consultant who has a good Internet connection to download the installation files for them onto a local medium, such as a USB drive or burning the files to DVD, that may be used to copy the installation files onto the target computer.
- If there are any errors when unzipping the downloaded file, the file was damaged during download or was not completely downloaded. Try again, or try a mirror server that may be closer. Users in distant locations with inconsistent Internet links might not succeed even with many tries. If you have a problem with a download, arrange for a colleague or consultant who has a reliable Internet connection to download the files for you.
- Manifold downloads provide Manifold System without any example files or other important files all users are recommended to download, such as image servers. Download these recommended files for free from the links below.
- Users of the Geocoding Tools extension in the US should make sure to download the free Manifold US Geocoding Database. The US Geocoding Database is required by some features provided in the Geocoding Tools extension.
- Downloads require minimal technical skills; however, users must have the ability to download a file, unzip it, read the installation instructions, install, and then backup the file they downloaded in case they need it in the future. Users unsure of their ability to accomplish these procedures should ask a more technical colleague for help or retain a consultant to assist them.
- Very Important: Manifold System utilizes web-based documentation by default. Web-based documentation reduces the size of the product download, and it assures that documentation is always up to date. However, it does require that your computer be connected to Internet. If the computer on which you will be using your Manifold license does not have an Internet connection, please download and install the manifold.chm (61.3 MB) compiled Help file. Double-click on the file after downloading and follow the instructions in the How to Install this Documentation topic.
- In some Windows systems, after downloading the manifold.chm file you may have to allow navigation to the internal web pages to see topics: in Windows Explorer right click on manifold.chm, choose Properties and then click the Unblock button.
Manifold System Release 8.00 Installation Files
Manifold Release 8.00 download files come in 64-bit versions for Windows x64 systems and 32-bit versions for all other Windows systems. If your Windows system does not display a prominent x64 logo during boot-up, you do not have an x64 Windows system. Note: If you have licensed a 64-bit Manifold edition that serial number will turn on either a 32-bit or 64-bit Manifold installation. If you have licensed a 32-bit Manifold edition that serial number will turn on only a 32-bit Manifold installation.
If you don't know whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit license, check your Manifold serial number on the Serial Number Status Page to see the Manifold product it authorizes. If the name of the product does not include an "x64" your license is not a 64-bit license and must be used with a 32-bit download only. See the 32-bit/64-bit help topic for complete details on 32-bit and 64-bit licenses.
Uninstall any prior Manifold versions before installing a new version.
- manifold-8.0.29-x64.zip (42.9 MB) 64-bit mirrors: - Use this link to download Manifold System Release 8.00 installation files for Windows x64 systems, including Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and Windows XP x64. This download will not work on 32-bit Windows systems. You must have a Manifold x64 serial number to use this installation.
- manifold-8.0.29.zip (22.0 MB) 32-bit mirrors: - Use this link to download Manifold System Release 8.00 installation files for 32-bit Windows Systems or for use with 32-bit Manifold licenses in 64-bit Windows Systems. For your convenience this download may be used with either a Manifold x64 serial number or with a regular 32-bit Manifold serial number; however, it will always install and run in 32-bit mode only.
The above zip files include a .msi Microsoft Installer installation file, an installation.txt file with installation instructions and release notes. For a preview of the installation instructions, see the installation.txt file (right-click and choose "Save target as..."). If you are working with an older Windows system, don't forget to install .NET Framework 3.5 (.NET Framework 4.0 will not work due to Microsoft changes).
The installation file installs the potential for all Manifold System editions and extensions. The serial numbers provided determine how a particular installation launches. For example, if you provide a Professional Edition serial number it will launch as Professional Edition. If you then use the Help - Activate Extension dialog to provide a Geocoding Tools extension serial number, it will re-launch as Professional with the Geocoding Tools extension turned on.
- Please read the installation instructions. - This is a short series of steps that will get you going rapidly and will save frustration.
- Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista users, please run all installation and activation steps as Administrator. - Please learn how at the Administrator Login page.
These downloads will help you get more out of your Manifold System license. They are small downloads that are very quick to download and very important to have. They are strongly recommended for all Manifold users.
- Recommended download: help_examples.zip (16,236 KB) - A zip file containing many of the example files used in Example chapter topics in Help. This download is strongly recommended for all users learning Manifold.
- Recommended download: AllServersPack.zip (43 KB) - A zipfile containing a collection of all image server and geocoding server modules, already compiled into .dlls and ready for installation and use on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows systems. Unzip the file and follow instructions in the AllServersPack.txt file. Use of free image servers is one of the most popular features of Manifold for all users. These are often the only sources of maps in some international locations. See the see the Image Servers page for information.
Information on Release 8
For Release 8 build history, see the What's New user manual topic. For complete details on Release 8, see the online edition of the user manual. Note that the complete user manual is also built into your Manifold installation as a standard Microsoft compiled help file.
Other Manifold Downloads
manifold.net provides the downloads below at no charge. These products do not require serial numbers; however, they work with Manifold System so they will not work if you do not have Manifold System. Most are small downloads that do not require mirrors anywhere in the world.
- geocoding_database.zip (820,808 KB) Mirrors: - Caution: 801 MB in size. Wow! Lots of bytes for free! A zip file containing the Manifold US Geocoding Database, an optional geocoding database that may be used with the Geocoding Tools extension for street address geocoding of US addresses. Useless outside the US or if you do not have the Geocoding Tools extension. This download is strongly recommended for all Geocoding Tools users in the United States.
- Data Downloads - A web page providing links to download data sets formerly distributed on the Manifold DVD, which has been discontinued due the overwhelming preference of most users for downloads. Go green!
- Manifold8.pdf - (63,303 KB) Right click on the link and choose Save target As... to save a 63 MB PDF providing the Manifold Release 8 User Manual in PDF format. The CHM is better for reference, since the PDF loses hyperlinks that are part of the CHM Microsoft Help file and are essential for operational reference use. However, a PDF can be stored to readers and printed in hard copy conveniently, for those who wish to kill 4400 pages worth of trees. Created with automated tools and may contain formatting errors, lower resolution images and other problems compared to the original CHM file. Formatted for A4 size paper, the world standard in almost all countries.
- Manifold8_letter.pdf - (63,504 KB) Right click on the link and choose Save target As... to save a 63 MB PDF providing the Manifold Release 8 User Manual in PDF format, formatted for "letter" size paper, as still used in Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile, the Philippines, Canada and the US.
- StarterPack.zip (8,601 KB) - A zip file containing image server modules and a US base map that is used in the Exporting KML to Google Earth tutorial topic in Help (an always popular, highly visual topic).
- manifold-sqlserver-spatial-1.0.1.zip (26 KB) - The Manifold Spatial Extender for SQL Server installs on SQL Server machines to add high-performance, server-side spatial indices to work in conjunction with Manifold spatial DBMS facilities. The zip file contains the extender DLL, an install / uninstall utility, and a readme file with installation instructions.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-22.214.171.124-x64.zip (201 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for Manifold x64 installations.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-126.96.36.199.zip (175 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for 32-bit Manifold installations.
- object-model-8.zip (419 KB) - A zipfile containing the Manifold Release 8 Object Model poster in four, ready-to-use sizes: As a .png image file, and as PDF files for A2, A3 and A4 sized paper.
- cuda_demo.zip (3,050 KB) - A zipfile containing a Manifold Release 8 project containing an example Montara Mountain terrain elevation surface together with a sample formula useful for doing demos of NVIDIA CUDA hardware.
- licenseservermisc.zip (14 KB) - A small zipfile containing the installation information and .asp service launch file formerly provided on the Manifold DVD for License Server users. Completely useless if you are not operating the $1995 License Server product.
- Programming Examples - Programming examples showing common tasks using scripts.
- Routine updates - Manifold licensees may download and install routine updates at no charge. Routine updates provide bug fixes in between major releases and often provide new features as well. Manifold System will automatically check for new updates and will report if a more recent update has been made available.
- Using RSS for Update Notification - Manifold System will automatically check for updates when you launch Manifold; however, if you don't use Manifold frequently and would like a backup way of hearing about announcements, RSS is a great way to do so. This page shows you how.
- Image Servers and Geocoding Servers - Free image server and geocoding server modules for use within Manifold and the Manifold Toolbar. Don't miss the incredible usefulness of image servers, one of the most popular features in Manifold System.
- Free Stuff for Manifold users - A collection of links to examples and other useful items for free download
The free downloads on this page are provided without technical support. Some downloads are large and require reliable Internet connections. Downloads are provided for those folks who have sufficiently reliable Internet connections and who have the minimal technical skills required to use their browsers to download a file, to unzip a zipfile, install a .msi file, etc., without assistance. If you require assistance, please ask a more technical colleague for help, retain a consultant, or contact Manifold Technical Support using a standard tech support token as set forth in the Contacting Tech Support page.
Please visit the following links for general information on available Manifold technical support services.
- Technical Support Home Page - Your first stop for technical support needs.
- Status Page - Enter a support token to verify it is unused and to check the token type (standard, development or voice). Checking the status of a support token before using it to contact tech support will avoid wasting time in case the token has been already used or is the wrong type.
- Contacting Technical Support - How to contact technical support. How to use tokens and important information that must be provided to enable tech support to respond quickly and constructively.
- Manifold System Updates - Information on updates for Manifold System.
- Technical Support Products - A list of all technical support products.
- Online Store - Buy technical support products online with your credit card.
- Support FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding technical support.
- Administrator Login - Users are sometimes surprised to learn they don't have true Administrator rights in Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista. This short page describes how to login using the real Administrator account.
- Windows Installer Notes - Tips on solving problems with Windows Installer in case of de-installation errors.
- Email Problems - Few things are as annoying as not getting messages you expect to get, yet the wide use of spam filters means that you might not be getting an important email from manifold.net. Read this page for important tips on how to make sure you will get the emails you expect.
- Suggestions - Tips on making effective suggestions to get what you want into Manifold. Vote early and vote often!.
Manifold products are supported by email for a fee. Although Manifold technical support is very inexpensive, it is not free. Technical support is provided for a low fee via email. Technical support service products are sold that allow Manifold users to choose what level of support they prefer, from a single incident to ten incidents at a discount. Technical support incidents are available as standard support incidents or as developer support incidents. Standard incidents provide answers to routine interactive usage of Manifold. Developer support incidents provide answers to more technical questions, such as those involving programming, SQL, customization, IMS, Runtime licenses or Enterprise features.
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products via the the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product and you will receive by email tech support tokens of the number and class (standard or developer) you purchased. You can then use them when contacting tech support by email.
Contacting Technical Support
See the Technical Support topic in Help for detailed information on contacting technical support and using tokens.
Other Manifold.net Contacts
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org only for technical support contacts accompanied by a valid tech support token. Please send all inquiries not of a technical nature, such as licensing or general business questions to email@example.com.
All questions of a technical nature sent to other manifold.net email addresses will be routed to tech support. Sending email questions of a tech support nature to sales or to individual manifold.net staffers will delay the response and may waste tech support incidents.